Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter storm got you stuck in the house?

Winter got you bummed? Drive way still full of snow? Counting down the days till a warm day should arrive? Put some of that idle time to good use by helping Keocug and the Keokuk Hackerspace gain ground. For either of these groups to exist we need support and members. After almost a month of trying to get people interested in Keocug with little effect I have decided to combine Keocug and Keokuk Hackerspace (no official name as of yet) in hopes of gaining more members for both. So far the hackerspace has no members since we first really need a place to operate out of. Keocug can operate from almost any room in any place or strictly over the net. This summer I'll be asking local businesses for support and advertising help to get Keocug on the move. Along with this I may also contact the Keokuk Mall owners to see if they would be able to help on a space. A lot of this depends on the amount of time I will have available to me. We have another child coming in less then a month so I'm sure i'll be busy some of the time, but I doubt it should interfere with either group to a point of having to drop them.

Help us get members and spread the word, I have plans to possibly start a youtube channel for them once summer gets here (videos are just not that fun to make when its cold). Also possibly some small events to get people together. Again all depends on time, but I have no plans in abandoning either project anytime soon.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment